I am constantly trialling different vegetable, chickpea, bean and lentil patties to put some new recipes out there as I find there aren’t many that are actually clean and taste good!
In this recipe I used some left over red kidney beans and lentils with lots of different spices and flavours and they turned out delicious.
- 200g (1/2 can) red kidney beans, cooked
- 400g lentils, cooked
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 2 tbl buckwheat flour (any other flour would be fine)
- 1 tbl tamari
- Place both beans into a bowl and mash.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine the mixture using your hands.
- Roll into even sized patties (should make about 7-8).
- Pan-fry using olive oil and serve with your choice of greens & some hummus.