Instead of adding milk products or yogurt to my scrambled eggs, I added about 2 tbl spoons of unsweetened almond milk (sweetened would also be fine, it would just mean the eggs are a little sweeter) and 1/2 tbl spoon of coconut oil to get a fluffy and creamy texture. They slightly sweeter than they taste with regular milk, but 100 X more fluffy and delicious. With a side of sautéed kale, mushrooms, chicken and pumpkin seeds with a squeeze of lime juice the flavours work so well together, definitely a new staple breakfast meal.
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tbl unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tbl coconut oil
- 1 cup kale
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 40g chicken (or leftover cooked meat)
- Fresh lime
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, 1/2 tbl coconut oil, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and cook on medium heat until fluffy and cooked through. Put eggs to one side.
- Use the left over coconut oil and sauté the kale and mushrooms together until slightly darker in colour and then add the leftover meat (optional), I had chicken in the fridge. Leave in the pan and squeeze fresh lime juice over before moving to the plate.
- Serve the omelette on top, enjoy.