Honestly the best tasting bolognaise sauce I have ever had. Easy, healthy and packed full of flavour you will not be disappointed I promise.
Because this sauce has so much flavour I find it easy to eat with just some lettuce, cucumber and broccoli in a salad, or either with zucchini pasta or regular pasta, what ever you enjoy.
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500g beef mince (preferably grass fed)
- 1 can (400g) crushed Italian tomatoes (organic if possible)
- 2 tbl tomato paste
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbl mixed herbs
- 1 medium red chilli
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes, then add the mince until brown.
- Simply add in the rest of the ingredients and let the sauce simmer on low heat for approximately 15 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes uncovered or until sauce is at the desired thickness.
- Serve with zucchini pasta, mixed lettuce and salad or cooked regular pasta.